Monday, August 1, 2011

Baby Tortoise

Dan the Snakeman and Albus the Alligator


I know to hear me say I want to raise a baby African tortoise is rather comical seeing how my natural tenacity had prompted my sister to create a  new title, terrapin syndrome.
I went to the Morrisville Public Library with my youngest son to see Dan the Snakeman last Friday evening. We saw all kind of neat reptiles from Rattle snakes - African Tortoise.  These were real live creatures that he took out and handled right in front of us.  I nearly wet my pants when he brought out an alligator named Albus.  We were allowed to handle the safe animals after his show. He had a huge tortoise named Hercules that was about 15 years old. I asked Doug if I am a really good girl could I have one for Christmas? He said we'd talk...better than his first reaction.


Cobra

African Tortoise it was as big as my palm

No comments:

Post a Comment