Tuesday, August 16, 2011

What is your Goliath?



He Taunts You with bills you can't pay, people you can't please, habits you can't break, failures you can't forget, and a future you can't face. But just like David, you can face your giant, even if you are not the strongest, the smartest, the best equipped or the holiest.
~Max Lucado


I woke this morning with the same dread I went to sleep with. How am I going to get this money AJ needs? I'm grounded with Jesse, we certainly don't have it in our household budget. How am I gonna do this? When that was the first thing I thought of this morning was the problem, well RED FLAG! I realized that I was making the money bigger than God. I quickly gave the problem to Him and apologized for my lack of faith. If AJ is suppose to go on the 2 week mission trip in December God will supply the way. Am I willing to work for it? Of course! But whatever monies I bring to the table cannot be seen as my victory. I feel in my spirit that God wants to provide this and it can't be seen as my giving my all to "earn it". It has to be to the glory of God. If you have never read Facing Your Giant's by Max Lucado, I strongly suggest that you do. It certainly helped me to see things in a right point of view.
Praise God in the Highest. He is worthy of all our praise. Trust in Him! He is so trustworthy and have faith to believe even if it doesn't work out the way the human mind wants it to, doesn't mean it is not working out right. He knows what is best for all of us. He loves us all individually and knows us personally. I am overwhelmed with love and gratitude for my Father this morning.

David. You could read his story and wonder what God saw in him. His life has little to offer the unstained, strait-A saint. He fell as often as he stood, stumbled as often as he conquered. But for those who know the sound of Goliath, David gives us this reminder:

Focus on Giants - You Stumble
Focus on God - Your Giants Tumble
~Max Lucado

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete