Wednesday, August 17, 2011

He Has My Back




I have a whole new view of my life.  I am so blessed.  I must be one of God's favorite children (we all are). I woke up knowing that everything was going to be okay. With my past behind me and a bright future before me. God has my back in so many ways...
Five years ago Satan attacked me physically and I could have died, many people afflicted with cancer do. I lost my mother to lung cancer....but not only did I survive, I believe I had an easy time of it.  Surgery was not my favorite expience, but Chemotherapy went smoothly and the radiation treatments didn't effect me physically. I am here, healthy and happily living my life. God gave me Jesse too.  I am so sorry for  thinking he is holding me back...he is hard sometimes, but he is wonderful and being his mommy at a ridiculous age of 45 challenges me, makes my life interesting and keeps me going. He (and I) are here for a purpose and I must raise him to know the Lord.
"Cancer didn't kill her so lets attack spiritually and mentally" I can almost hear the conversation.  I went through 2 plus years of depression that threatened my life and my family.  Once again, the enemy had a tight hold,  but my love for my God and my family overwhelmed the darkness and I managed tosurvive.  All it took was opening my heart to my husband and learning the father and daughter dynamics of my relationship with God. I am married to my best friend and he does not only love me, he adores me. We are happier and stronger than ever. 
Why destroying me is so high on the enemy's list I may never know...I can assume it is to get to my children.  
I am at peace with AJ working his way through school. Doug and I, of course will sacrifice as much as we can to help him, but working for this will build his character and it really shows how committed he is to become a minister. Wyatt wants things that are not in my reach to give him.....he is able bodied and should go to the local farms and look for work or to the neighbors to do chores for them....I believe things are going to be easier from now on. Not because the circumstances have changed.....but because my attitude has.

No comments:

Post a Comment