Friday, August 19, 2011

Productively Long Day




The day started gently enough.  I woke early, but fell asleep on the couch. Not long after I dozed off, Jesse joined me and we slept until 9:30 snuggled together under a Finding Nemo throw.
I went to meet a lady from our Freecycle group to pick up some items for Jesse.  She gave him a tee ball bat, a left handed glove and a handful of books.  Afterwards,I made a quick run to Hamilton to look for sheets. No luck, next to buy gas and finally take my boys back to school shopping. We journeyed to Dewit to Plato's Closet where we found some good bargains. Wyatt left with a variety of shirts, three pairs of shorts, 3 pair of jeans and Nike sneakers.  AJ picked out six dress shirts.  I actually bought myself a cute clutch. No need for a purse....oh how I hate purses.
It was a nightmare shopping with Jesse.  He hid in the clothes and I found myself in a semi panic searching the store for him.  When he crawled out of his hiding place I quickly discovered he had pooped his pants.  After cleaning him up, I put on his monkey halter (basically a cute leash) and tried to entertain this unruly child for more than an hour in a small crowed store. Ruffly two hundred and fifty dollars later we were checked out and headed to Target. There we finished up AJ's clothing needs, got Jesse a Barney DVD and headed to the last store which really didn't have anything we could use. Finally, we pointed the car East and headed back to Morrisville. Tired, stressed not to mention broke.  I am through for the day. 
Doug is working, AJ is gone to spend the night at Camp Shiloh with his long time friend Alec and Wyatt has his friend James over spending the night.  It is time for my little wild man to get a bath and try to get him settled for bed.  Hopefully I will find some way to relax now this day is at an end. It was a long day, but I am very grateful to God that we were able to bless our children.  One week and AJ is off to college.......

No comments:

Post a Comment