Thursday, August 18, 2011

Rainy Days and Mondays Always Get Me Down

Jesse and Zion.  They were both through for the day.  They could make a good ad for Children's International.  Jes and his empty plate and Zion Crying.  This is one of my favorite pictures of them.


But it is a sunny Thursday....why am I feeling down today?
I think it is stress.  I have been working hard to give everything to God and trust him, REALLY trust him in all things. It is not as easy today for some reason. Both of the younger boys and Scarlet (our dog) slept with me last night. I have grown accustom to sleeping in a foot and a half wide space, but last night it seemed to be even smaller.  I woke far from refreshed and sore.

AJ at nineteen has fallen victim to identity theft.  A former employee of Georgia Radiology took his SSN and claimed him as a dependent on their income tax return. Three different government agencies are involved.  It is a mess. I pray  that is as far as it goes.  I also prayed for the person that took it.  There are some truly rotten people in the world and then there are desperate people who may do desperate things at times. 
Our friend James Munafo was here last night to spend time with AJ and Wyatt.  Wyatt wiped out going down our sidewalk heading back down to the fire pit...Today I spent most of the mid morning at Immediate Care. Fortunately it is just a bad sprang and inflammation.

For some reason, I am really missing David Camp. Maybe it is because Pastor Kristy is lending AJ Dave's school books from Elim.  I think when I miss Dave I am sharing a small bit of her pain. On days like this I pray especially hard for her.  Mother to mother I can only imagine the pain of losing a son. I really loved that boy.  He was so special to many people.
AJ and Wyatt are on the way to see Pastors John and Kristy. AJ wants their advise on the directions he is taking toward his Christian education.  I wish I would have had time, I would have made them a treat.
I'm going to lay down and snuggle with my favorite toddler and watch Barney.  Hopefully we both will get a bit of rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment