Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Live Like There is No Tomorrow




Not long after writing my post 'Heart Lessons' last night, I was enveloped with joy.  For no reason this big smile appeared on my face and I was happy. Nothing in my situation had changed, only my attitude. I still feel that blanket of joy this morning.  The Father gave me a heart lesson.  He showed me that joy can be found during any situation.  Even in the mist of a battle, trial or heart ache, I can look to him, run to him and allow His joy to invade me, especially during times it doesn't seem fitting to be happy.

This morning my mind went strait to AJ. My efforts to help my child out of the nest. What needs to be done today? Then my thoughts turned to the missions trip he plans to go on over Christmas break (first Christmas without him) and the thought came rushing in what if he something happens to him? What if I never see him again?
I started to get upset and seconds later this thought came to me. I could could fall down our stairs, right now and last night would have been the last time I saw my children.  What is the last thing I said to them? Was it kind? Was it words I would want them to remember? To be honest I can't remember, but I do know any moment in my life could be my last and I want the people I love to remember me as loving and kind, not stressed out, constantly fighting battles I have already won.  I want every moment I am with them to be as if it was my last moment on earth.  Words to be kind, loving, encouraging. Words to build them up.Bless them. Allow them to know how important they are, even when it is difficult to be in the same room with them.
I encourage you to live this moment as if this is the last breath you take on this planet. Live every moment, make it count. It may not be easy at first, but love goes a lot farther than words of venom.  Bless the people around you today. Never know who's life may be changed, just by a gift of kindness.

After safely maneuvering my body down our stairs, I started humming this Chris Thomlin song.  And for me this pretty much sums things up.


The Way I Was Made
Songwriters: Cash, Ed; Tomlin, Chris; Reeves, Jesse;

Caught in the half-life, I'm caught alone
Waking up to the sunrise and the radio
Feels like I?m tired of, what's holding me?
Just praying today will be the day I go free

I want to live like there's no tomorrow
I want to dance like no one's around
I want to sing like nobody's listening
Before I lay my body down

I want to give like I have plenty
I want to love like I'm not afraid
I want to be the man I was meant to be
I want to be the way I was made

Made in Your likeness, made with Your hands
Made to discover who You are and who I am
And all I've forgotten help me to find
Of all that You've promised let it be in my life

I want to live like there's no tomorrow
I want to dance like no one's around
I want to sing like nobody's listening
Before I lay my body down

No comments:

Post a Comment