Sunday, August 21, 2011

My Own Worst Enemy?




     “The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
 The God of my strength, in whom I will trust;
      My shield and the horn of my salvation,
      My stronghold and my refuge;
      My Savior, You save me from violence.
 I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised;
      So shall I be saved from my enemies.
 “When the waves of death surrounded me,
      The floods of ungodliness made me afraid.
  The sorrows of Sheol surrounded me;
      The snares of death confronted me.
 In my distress I called upon the LORD,
      And cried out to my God;
      He heard my voice from His temple,
      And my cry entered His ears.


What if my worst enemy is me? How does God save us from ourselves?

This day was beautiful and hard at the same time.  Jesse was beyond ridiculous when I was getting him ready for church.  We managed to get there on time and he behaved better than he has in a long time.  Worship was beautiful, I saw my son on the team for the last time at least for several weeks.  I could feel the spirit of God in the service. Many of us were uninhibited and worshiped  with joyful singing, dancing and shouts of praise.
Pastor John preached on Baptism and I think I will be Baptized next Sunday.  I  want to publicly proclaim my love for Jesus. I want to be immersed and rise in Christ to start my life truly dedicated to God.  With all I the circumstances of what I have been through and done to myself,  I want to leave all that grief, pain and shame in the grave....let the filth of the person I despise be washed away and rise again with Jesus.  Also, I feel it is time for a birth of sorts into Resurrection Life Fellowship. My heart has been torn for years between the church here and my "home church" in Georgia. I was saved there and still have a deep connection to Pastor Carla. I know I have to stop living in two states. I need to be planted. I need to be planted here and I want to serve God here.

Depression is strong.  I am hoping it has to do with the grief I feel letting go of my eldest child. As life moves on and I see he is happy and blossoming in college and school starts back for Wyatt hopefully we can get into a schedule and life may settle down and allow me to have a sense of normalcy.  I am so tired of the roller coaster of emotions. I want to be free whole and healed so I can make a difference in the lives of people in my community and bless my family and friends.



The LORD is my rock, my fortress, 
and my savior; my God is my rock, 
in whom I find protection. He is my shield, 
the power that saves me, and my place of safety.



No comments:

Post a Comment