Saturday, August 13, 2011

I'm His




As I was cleaning the other day, I noticed some of our belongings and I pondered on how do I know that is mine? Well the things I have were either purchased by me or given to me.  Most of them are either useful or just loved.  In the same way how do I know my children are mine? well, I gave them life. I love them and I would give anything up to my own life for them. Someone else can try to claim them, but they know me,  they love me and they have a personal relationship with me.  If another woman tried to lure them away from me, they would refuse the others and say "you are not my mom" and they would choose to stay with me.

This little lesson had me thinking on how do I know I belong to God? Well, I accepted Jesus and that makes him my savior and His father my father.  I was bought by him with his very life. He gave me life. Now that I belong to him he will not let go of me.
 
Listening to Satan can easy even for a seasoned Christian. And the further a person gets from God's truth the harder it is to hear the voice of the Father and buy into what the father of lies is saying.  That is the time to call on the truth.  Declare sonship. Refuse the lies and speak to the laughing giant.  I know who I belong to and you can never have me again.
The enemy may not be able to take my salvation, but he can be allowed to steal my joy and make me totally ineffective to the Father's kingdom. Who would want what I have if when being a Christian I am anxious and depressed all the time?  The world already has that wonderful curse. 
God reassured  me as to who I am. I am his daughter, cherished and loved.  Made perfect through his son and saved from a fate I more than deserve. Just like kids in school, the enemy can call me names and say things that hurt and distract.  But as a princess in my father's house I don't have to believe the accusations. I can cling to my Papa and enjoy the safety and affection I can only receive from Him.  I am a daughter of the King.

No comments:

Post a Comment