Saturday, June 4, 2011

It's Five O'clock on a Saturday



I keep hearing that line of a song over in my head.  I have been awake since five am. I laid in bed for about twenty minutes, a little prayer time, reflecting on how blessed I am and admiring the beautiful two year old boy sleeping next to me.  I came downstairs and worked on the kitchen. It is looking much better and now I am sipping a cup of coffee and enjoying the splendor of quite time alone with my thoughts. It dawned on me, I am happy without any effort. That alone is a blessed gift from above.
I spent quite a bit of time in my large flower bed yesterday.  I like working outside. Especially during Jesse's nap time.  It gives me time  to ponder on things, pray and feel accomplished. When I take a pile of over grown rubbish and turn it into something beautiful I feel I have done something of worth my family and friends can enjoy.
As I was weeding I thought how that garden is like my life.  I was once content and my spiritual life pure. I am not sure what happened, but the beauty began to be choked out. It had become overgrown with weeds of worry, sin, oppression and depression. But, God is always faithful even though I am not always faithful to him. He is a gentleman, he will not force himself on me, but wait and love me through my pain and mistakes.
As I was pulling weeds I thought how like problems, sins and situations in our lives, are similar to the weeds I was ripping from the ground. Some weeds can be pulled and that is the end of it.  Others however come back and have to be dealt with again and some have to have the root totally dug out or you'll never be free of it. I have one problem in my life I cannot seem to dig the root out.  I have given it to the Lord and I do not feel I have taken it back, but there is a piece of it somewhere deep that I cannot seem to destroy.  I have also discovered that when gardening perennials, they don't stay where you put them and multiplies in a way that some of the plants have to be destroyed to make the garden beautiful.  That makes me think of the Lord's pruning.  Not sure if He is trying to "weed" anything from my life, or just reshaping me to look more like him (can you think of anything more beautiful?) and trimming for health and growth. I have learned that I cannot sit on my dairy air and become more of the woman I want to be.  It takes pruning, digging, pulling, planting and watering. Prayer, Bible, time alone with God, learning more and more about my savior, reaching out to others and reaching up to him is what I need to do.  Sounds complicated, but it is not. It is one breath and one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment