Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Way too Much to Do

I'm working a a virtual diary of my yard improvements. I took on the biggest challenges these last 4 or five weeks. Harvesting dirt to fill my vegetable garden box, putting in weed barrier, plants, and mulch.  Cleaning around the fence to plant tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers was another back breaking venture.  I also tackled my flower bed.  A huge area almost as long as my house.  It has been weeded, mulched and a few new perennials added. 
.
Space next to the back door.


Last night I started looking around at what more needs to be done.  It is unbelievable to me the neglect of this property.  My plan was to hand pull, place weed barrier and mulch.  There are tons of Hyacinth bulbs that I plan to harvest and replant with my daffodils.

Looks so junky....I think this area is important for me to fix up

The plan here is the same as the above as well as adding fill dirt, replace the lattice and scrape and paint the porch.  I need to replace the stairs, but that us something beyond my skills.

The Hosta is very healthy

The Hosta needs to be thinned, weeded between and the fence line cleared....there are places like this in every nook in our yard.  I made the decision to lesson my stress to have a clean yard, that I would weed eat many of these areas to groom them up and I can do more detailed work at my own pace, remembering that anything not finished by the end of fall, I can continue next spring with much less to do. We are leaving for Georgia in 10 days and me and dmy little guys are staying for a month.  I think that adds to the stress of wanting to complete these projects.
One thing that I have noticed about my compulsive personality is when I get started on a project I do not want to stop. When I am not working I am thinking of what needs to be done next.  I noticed yesterday just how neglected Jesse was.  I put the tools away and played with my son.  We drew on the sidewalk and I stayed with him while he jumped on the trampoline.  I got the idea to draw on the trampoline.  Jesse loved that.

Mommy does love Jesse...so very much

I feel rather stressed because the things I do to be a good housewife, makes me a bad mother and when I neglect chores to spend time with the kids I feel like a bad housewife.  I do have to find balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment