Thursday, June 2, 2011

Getting Stronger



I have been the most productive that I can remember being in a long time.  I always wanted to keep busy. Kids, housework and occasional part time job. Since summer has graced us I have been out in the sun daily.  Starting with harvesting soil from my woods to fill our garden box, preparing ground around the box, cutting grass, planting, two trips for mulch, one half load and yesterday a full load that I had to unload alone. Making a new flower bed.  Starting to retake the large flower garden.  Me and my wheel barrel have been working overtime.  Then there is Jesse, meals, house work and laundry.  There may be many adjectives that can describe me, but lazy is not one of them.  Jesse is right by my side, riding in the empty wheel barrel when I go to get more dirt or mulch and riding with me as I use the lawn tractor. Since I have stepped away from so much facebook I have discovered how wonderful time with my son is.  With all this work I have built an amazing amount of muscle.  If I would stop eating like a teenager I might would lose the fat.
Although I am majorly sleepy, today I plan to weed more of the flower garden. My cucumbers and tomato plants really don't look very good.  I planted them on the hottest day yet.  The cucumber burned and the tomatoes are sun bleached. I may go to Earley's Farm Supply today and see if I can buy some new ones. The temperature has dropped majorly.  It would be good to get them in the ground while it is overcast. Jesse loves going to Earleys, running around the nursery and seeing the baby ducks and chicks. Last time we were there we went into the Country Cupboard and bought Jes a doughnut too.
My newest venture is trying to start a women's fellowship.  I am gearing it to my community and wanting to reach the "burnt stones" that have been hurt or angry and left church and the unchurched Christians that have never been planted.  I am afraid of that because of my frailties I will not succeed. But if God is for it then who can stop it?
Yes indeed busy is good...making our house our home. Falling in love with Jesus has lifted me to a place where I can be in love with my husband and our life again. 

bird sanctuary in our front yard

No comments:

Post a Comment