Friday, April 19, 2013

A Biker and a Housewife Walk Into a Bar.....

Wait...you probably heard that one already....





The writers of this show (sons of anarchy) have given Jax a strange sensitivity that I believe many people have in common. Often the opening monologue has something I can relate to, this one in particular.


"It's hard not to hate. People, things, institutions. They break your spirit and take pleasure in watching you bleed. Hate is the only thing that makes sense. But I know what hate does to a man: tears him apart, turns him into something he's not -- something he promised himself he'd never become. That's what I need to tell you: To let you know how hard I'm trying not to cave under the weight of all the awful things I feel in my heart. Sometimes my life feels like a deadly balancing act, what I feel slamming up against what I should do. Impulsive reactions, racing to solutions, miles ahead of my brain. When I look at my day, I realize that most of it was spent cleaning up the damage of the day before. In that life, I have no future. All I have is distraction. I buried my best friend three days ago, and as cliché as this sounds, I left a part of me in that box -- a part I barely knew, a part I'll never see again. Every day is a new box, boys. You open it, you take a look at what's inside. You're the one who determines if it's a gift or a coffin."
— Jackson Teller
Sons of Anarchy, Orca Shrugged




No comments:

Post a Comment