Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Rough Day





I have a condition PMDD. That is Premenstrual dysphoric disorder. All of a sudden I feel extreme anxiety, hopeless feelings, at times paranoid and overwhelming depressed (among other things). Daily activities that I normally would breeze through take more time and organizing if not impossible to accomplish due to lack of concentration. My doctor prescribed a low dose of Zoloft a week before my cycle to manage the symptoms. But when I get busy and don't mark the calendar I am usually symptomatic and in distress before I realize...and have that ah ha moment. So tonight I'll pop a pill and will continue for the next several days. It amazingly works well. When I do it right the hormone change is seamless. If you are my friend (after a bout with this and you stick around you are a devoted friend)and you see me suddenly get saddened or quickly changing in mood....Gently remind me...Sheron, you need to check the calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment