Monday, April 1, 2013

Turning 50...



On Resurrection Sunday....




Easter is by far my favorite holiday.  Everything here was close to perfect.  Gifts I feared would not arrive on time did. On Friday with the help of Wyatt and Jesse we dyed our Easter eggs and I prepared my older sons gifts..I use gift bags for them.  Saturday I baked a coconut cake and expertly cleaned the kitchen.  Jesse woke me at 2:30 with a stomach bug (that was the not so perfect part). Sunday morning I did flags, in uniform, first time in close to a year.  My eldest played acoustic guitar and co lead worship.   I left church after worship to be home with Jes.


My beautiful sister, Karen with my younger sons, Jesse and Wyatt
in February  when her and Bill came to visit us.


Easter was also my beloved sister's fiftieth birthday.  Boy was she flipping out.  Here it is the day after and she survived.  I wish I could have flown home to see her. Having older siblings is cool (now that I am grown up).  When I was young the two if them getting to do everything before me was frustrating, but now we are on the same playing field although I will always be the baby. Bill is 55 and Karen 50. In a few years they can reassure me that 50 is okay.  It will be a blessing for me to reach that milestone cancer free.

Wyatt

AJ

Jesse


No comments:

Post a Comment