Friday, March 29, 2013

Only a Boy Named David

Today is David Thomas's birthday.  As a friend and church member I miss him terribly.  The past week I have been in intercession for his family. It was a tragic loss...too young, too soon.  Love you boy...always will.





June 14, 2011
 Only a Boy Named David
 By Rachel Brown

A Year and 2 days ago, I got a text message from my brother, David, to pray. It is hard to grasp that David T. Camp left this world almost a year ago, but the events of June 2010 changed my life forever.

Here is an excerpt from what I wrote three days after David Camp was called home to the Lord:

On Weds. June 16,2010 at 2:47pm I received a Text message from my youngest brother who is an EMT saying that someone we know was badly injured in a Car wreck. being Human, a part of me immediately started to worry as my mind raced as to who it could be, but  also began to pray. I prayed for whoever it might be, and I began to pray for my brother. As I prayed, my sister called me and told me who ….David Camp, the Youngest son of the Pastors of my family’s church in Upstate NY, and a close friend of our Brother’s. It is no coincidence to me that BOTH of the young men I was praying for that Day are named David…One was fighting for His life…and one fighting to save His life. As I Prayed, the story of David and Goliath came to mind. (You can read the full post HERE )

The song I Kept hearing as I prayed a year ago, came to mind again today as I read my brother’s status on Facebook…..

“a year ago today, things were normal, a year and 2 days, the tones drop for an mva, and there’s no going back. you are missed DTC, you may be gone from this earth, but you roll on every call I go on bro”

Only a Boy Named David

“Only a boy named David
 Only a little sling
 Only a boy named David
 But he could pray and sing
 Only a boy named David
 Only a rippling brook
 Only a boy named David
 But five little stones he took.

 And one little stone went in the sling
 And the sling went round and round
 And one little stone went in the sling
 And the sling went round and round
 And round and round
 And round and round
 And round and round and round
 And one little stone went up in the air
 And the giant came tumbling down.”

Video: Only a Boy Named David

I am quite certain that when my Brother started the Pray for David Camp Group on Facebook a year ago, he had NO Idea the impact it would have, that over 7,000 people from all over the world would come together, whether they knew David Camp or not, and stand in the Gap for the Camp Family. The Impact stretched from the USA, to Rwanda, to China, to Kuwait, all over the world; We saw lives changed, Faith restored, Relationships mended. Ultimately God gets the Glory, but he used two young men named David to Rock the world, He continues to use these two young men in ways NONE of us ever could have dreamed. One of them still walks among us, serving as an EMT. The other is dancing in Heaven, but His life-song lives on here on earth.

David Thomas 1989-2010


1 Timothy 4:12 (NIV)





Source:
Rachel Brown 
Foot Prints in Time

No comments:

Post a Comment