Wednesday, June 15, 2011

First Anniversary

Special song for his sister Jessica's wedding


Today marks a year that David Camp had his fatal car accident.  Although we didn't lose him for some days later, this was a very hard day for so many who loves him.  I have never had a death effect me in the way his has.  He is not the first young person I have had to part with to soon. 


I guess a lot of it is because I met him when he was in high school, if I remember correctly it was his freshmen year.  Shortly after that I began going to his church where his parents Pastor.  Spending years there, seeing him grow into a man. Watching him grow spiritually. Seeing him with his first and only love, Courtney Earley.  Anticipation the spiritual words spoken over him, looking forward to seeing him marry and start his own family.  All of that was gone in a split second.  No one can really get their head not to mention our hearts around the loss.  I loved him.  I miss him.  Supporting the ones closest to him, helping my own son through his grief, that is my way of coping I suppose. 

Dave and AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment