Thursday, June 9, 2011

Days Away



Georgia is just a bit over a week away.  I am wondering how Jesse is going to do on the trip down.  It is a long drive.  I have made it in 18 hours only stopping for food, gas and restroom breaks.  We are taking on this journey with a two year old that hates the car and his car seat.  I'll take a survival pack, DVD player, books and crayons. Riding down in the Impala is going to be different, for sure, than my roomy van.
I am starting to get the jitters about not only all I need to do before the trip, but my husband and oldest son leaving me, Jesse and Wyatt behind. No doubt they'll make it back safe or that despite the troubles down home the three of us will enjoy ourselves, it is just being three weeks without my husband.  We have had longer separations. His move to NY before us and my mom's illness, but I don't look forward to not seeing his face everyday.  Life's a trade off. Leaving the South to be with my love, leaving my love to embrace my roots. Choosing to accept New York as my home and accepting separation from my men for three long weeks to enjoy the company of my siblings. I guess 49 weeks together will just have to do this year. I am counting the days to Georgia and then will be counting the days till my family unit is reunited in New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment