Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mountains and Valleys




Yesterday in the middle of a pitty party I came to the realization that just because I lost my "high" from rededicating my life to Christ doesn't mean something is wrong.  After several days of sadness and wonder it was literally like a light bulb came on.  I realized that God had me on that mountain to gain my strength and heal, which is an awesome place to be and hard to leave.  As life carried on and I had my family and responsibilities interfering in the spiritual, I was on my way down.  I wouldn't say I am in a valley, but I think I am ready if it is time for me to go there.  Mountain time is beautiful. To walk and to feel the presence of the Lord so strongly the faith comes easy.  It is down below that I have to remember the mountain top experience as I face daily challenges.  On the days my faith is tested and I am being stretched and tested.  Down below is where the growth is and where I can give out to others what God gave me in the safety of His arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment