Sunday, July 31, 2011

In a Mess?



If you take a look around my house you would be able to witness first hand how messy my life can be.  A husband who works more than he is home, two teens, a toddler and four pets my life is full and blessed.  Business and family is not all that can complicate life.  I have many friends and the dynamics of our friendships vary from best friends to people I feel very connected to although we spend little time together. Misunderstandings happen, toes are stepped on, but the love between true friends linger through it all. I have heard it said by a few different people that they have no room for new friends.  Making space for another person in my business does present challenges. I have to think my life may be very full and complicated, but theirs may not be.  People are lonely and searching.  If I can offer them a piece of my heart I will.  In hopes what they receive from me will lead them to a life with Christ. I may be the only bit of Jesus these people may see.  The person who offends me today could open their heart tomorrow . Life is messy. In my 45 short years I have learned that the bigger the mess, at times the bigger the blessing. I have come a long way in my faith and trust in our Father the last few months. I am grateful for his long suffering and grace, where would I be without it? What makes me think for even a second that I could with hold the same love God has given me?

No comments:

Post a Comment