Thursday, July 14, 2011

Home Life

I have been battling to regain our home every since our return.  I didn't leave it in the best condition. Although Doug and AJ kept things picked up it is dirty.  Unfortunately it is a never ending battle as we dirty up almost as fast as I clean.
As well as catching up on household duties, I am cooking a meal to take to the missions dinner tonight. I was going to make my sister's Chicken and rice, but I am more in the mood for something saucy.  I'm making a Ragu of sorts featuring chicken breast and fresh zucchini from my garden. It is featured on my cooking blog: Southern Bites from a Northern Kitchen.
There is a peace I have found that is indescribable. My head doesn't want to admit that New York is my home, but my heart tells me it is.  I have a new respect and dedication toward my husband. Doug and I are committed to a loving marriage and to raise our boys in a Christian home.  Our visit to Georgia and spending Father's Day at Deeper life Christian Center, I believe, was a divine appointment and a turning point in our life together as well as the lives of our children.

No comments:

Post a Comment