Thursday, April 28, 2011

Lukewarm



While Jesse and I washed out dishes today I made sure the water was just over lukewarm to protect his tiny hands.  As I went on about my work, I started thinking on a scripture Revelation 3:15,16 (NLT) (15) I know all the things you do, that you are neither hot nor cold. I wish that you were one or the other! (16) But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth!

If someone is cold spiritually they can be changed. Cold is something God can work with. God can light a fire under him to make him hot. Restore the Christian to the place where he met his first love.
When someone is hot, he is in love with the Lord. He is sold out, living a pleasing life to God. Has an intimate relationship with him and joyfully goes about his fathers work.
Someone who is lukewarm thinks she is okay.  Not enough fire in the belly to be a spiritual warrior, but knows enough from past experiences and teachings to think she is living a Christian life.  She may no longer feel she needs God anymore or had gotten so busy that she had just forgotten him. It is defiantly hard for Him to reach. Being lukewarm, I feel, is the most dangerous.  Can usually be spotted warming a pew, after all they did their duty and went to service. At home living like the world, keeping only the commandments that are comfortable and they may have lost all sense of who they are. Unproductive and unresponsive to God's call.

I love God's gentle teaching in everyday activities.  I am working on my lukewarmness, I know this is the not Christian I want to be.  I don't want Jesus to vomit me out.  I want to be his, to love him to keep his word in my heart and fan the fire that is still in my belly.  Father please help me be the woman you want me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment