Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Feeding My Soul

AJ with butterfly


We finally have summerish days. I cannot remember a time I have been happier than the last few days of heat and sunshine. The heat brings me joy and energy. I feel healthier and more vibrant as my pores soaks in the vitamin E.  If we are not outside playing or working in the yard, I'm busy working on the spring cleaning. The windows are wide open and I smell the clean air overtaking the winter's mustiness. In the few acres we claim as our yard, there is enough work to keep me busy all summer and that doesn't include the other 5 acres of woods and field. The more active I am the better I feel and the better I sleep. We are having a great deal of rain, but I can deal with it, I not even very bothered by the muddy yard.
Wyatt joins us as soon as he gets off the school bus he doesn't even go inside. He puts his book bag down and starts to play with us.  AJ pulls in the driveway shortly after Wyatt and hits the house for shorts and meets us in the yard.  Yesterday, AJ had a butterfly land on him three different times.  We have dubbed him the butterfly whisperer. Jesse is very obstinate about coming inside.  He cries and begs to go outside for quite some time. Doug put up Jesse's feeder and we  have been getting constant visits from Capped Neck Chickadees and Sparrows. 
For the first time in a very long time I feel unrestricted  joy. I am productive as well, so I feel I am meeting my standards as a homemaker in caring for my family. I am indeed richly blessed.

My three boys in their butterfly catching stance

No comments:

Post a Comment