Thursday, November 17, 2011

Fun day

Jesse with author Rebecca King and her dog Shadow

Jesse and I went to Oriskany Falls Public Library yesterday for story hour.  There was a special guest. A local author Rebecca E.B. King.  She came and read her book Unji Finds a Friend. I bought a copy for Jesse and Zion.  She took the time to inscribe a personal message to each child. 
I decided to make a snack to share.  I made frosted sugar cookies with fall decor made from fondant.  The kids loved it and it lead to my first cake order.  Erica, the library manager, wants a Fiesta themed cake for her father's birthday.  That was a very nice surprise.  I am hoping through word of mouth I will continue to receive business. 
Jesse and myself are all about Autumn.  That is why we chose Fall themed cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment