Friday, August 3, 2012

Finally...

A place all my own...

Not that I am complaining, like most people I have shared a room with someone most of my life.  Starting with my sister, Karen and then my husband, Doug.  We still share our bedroom.  I needed my own space simply because my mate normally sleeps days, so if I forget to get something before he goes to sleep I either do without or quietly feel around in the dark to retrieve it.
I wish I would have thought of this sooner, then again, sooner would not have been the right time.  After moving Jesse into his playroom, I took possession of his original bedroom.  It is a tiny little room.  Maybe a bit bigger than a walk in closet, just enough room for my dressers, chair and bookcase...This morning it was wonderful to have full access to my things and to sit at my vanity and do my make up in my beautiful dressing room....get me a TV and a coffee maker and I might never leave....

My mom's dresser/vanity I left the matching piece in my sleeping quarters. There is still, this and that to finish, but I'm pretty pleased thus far.


I need to put the rest of my books away, 86 the lizard print curtain and repaint the bookcase. My stepfather built it for my mom a very long time ago.  Carpenter, he was not...


This little dresser was bought for AJ when he was a baby...it has gone through him and Wyatt.  When I can I will refinish it and give it some new hardware.  My friend Pri gave me a rug for this room.  It is too big so I replaced my living room one and hopefully my old one will fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment