Thursday, August 16, 2012

Beautiful Morning




I started the day with my wonderful three year old.  He loves to lay in bed with me and chat in the mornings. Things in my life must change.  I have decided to run my life instead of allowing it to run me.  For the last two weeks I have been using a chore list I found on a Christan Woman's blog, it has truly helped take the pressure off my schedule and I get more done.  The house is cleaner and when I don't spend too much time on the computer, I spend more time with Jesse. I started working out today.  Fifty  minutes with weights and 30 minutes on the elliptical.  I don't know if it will take this time, but for today, I really want to get healthy and slimmer.  Doug needs my help too.  I need to cook lighter and learn to fry less and reduce salt.  He has high blood pressure and I have high cholesterol.  Today is grocery list and menu day, so I will also research healthier recipes.  Hopefully as I gain control of my natural life, I will begin to work on the Spiritual too.  I have felt separated from God for a very long time.  To the point I am struggling to believe at all.  I read in a devotional yesterday that most things we don't work for we don't appreciate.  I felt I should apply that to my relationship with God.  No one can "give" it to me and these people I admire have put time and effort in to know Him and to have a personal relationship.  My flesh gets in the way too often.  My feelings get hurt or I get offended or I just choose sin over right because I need to feel good right now.  Instant gratification has served me well in the past, but it is not enough anymore. I want something real, something worth fighting for.  Just like my housework, these things I want to change won't happen on their own.  It is going to take daily effort on my part to see these changes through.  I have to be patient with myself on those days I don't perform the way I feel I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment