Saturday, January 7, 2012

Just Do It Already!

Your greatest days are ahead of you & not behind you ... God has not given up on you & neither should you!- Christine Caine





Our church is fasting.  Or I should say some of our church is fasting.  I have spent more time worrying about what I should fast than fasting or praying.  I don't know when or how it happened, but I have became a chronic worrier.  It was a wild feeling this morning when I was stressing over the fact I have yet to join our fast, when I felt a odd feeling of freedom.  It seems that God spoke to my heart and told me to fast worrying.  To the normal person that would seem like a crock of poo, but to me it made complete sense.  It is the lifestyle I should be living anyway, but God through a corporate fast enlightened me to the fact that I spend more time worrying than praying, reading the Bible, praising or living for that matter.
I am joining our fast and prayer a little late, but better than never I suppose...every time I begin to worry or stress for that matter, I will pray my way through it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment