Friday, September 2, 2011

Write or Wrong



I do most everything left handed with the acception of writing and using a knife for cooking.
I started cake decorating class this past Monday. I noticed when I while filling my piping bag I did it as a left hander would. The funny thing is it felt perfectly natural in my left hand.  When practicing this morning I started my star row from right to left.  I didn't think much of it until I realized I couldn't see well what I was doing, my hand was is the way.  I changed direction and finished my row then decided to try it left handed.  I made another row on my practice board, the precision was off a little, but I could easily learn to pipe with my left hand.
When I was a little girl my mom thought that I was going to be left handed. I used it as my dominant hand or that is what she told me.  Once I started school my teacher encouraged me to use my write hand.  For whatever reason she feltIi needed to write right handed I will never know. I think if were not for that I would have been a full fledged South Paw.  I guess in a way she did me a service.  I may not be ambidextrous if not being encouraged to use my right hand. 
Jesse is leaning towards being left handed.  I guess I'll just have to wait and see in his time which hand is dominate. I hope he, like his mom will be ambidextrous. The ability to use both hands is pretty cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment