Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Contentment



After a few years of trying to figure out who I am and what I want to be I have finally discovered contentment. 
I still have dreams and I still plan, but for the most part I am living the life I chose and desired.  I have raised one child who loves the Lord and has chosen to put himself through Bible college.  My second born is a good and loving young man.  Closer to 14 than thirteen, growing up much faster than I would like.  I cherish the years I have spent home sowing into the lives of my boys.  It is not a glamorous life, but it is rarely boring.  My husband, Doug, loves having me home as well.  He never really wanted me to pursue a career although he would have supported me if that is what I chose.  We have son number three still in diapers so I always have something to pick up, wipe up or just wipe.  He is the blessing I didn't expect and even with the first 24 plus months being such a challenge, I would not change having him for the world. 
Being a good wife, loyal to and loving toward my husband strengthens him.  Taking the bulk of the responsibility of our home and children bring me pleasure and pride. My children know they are deeply loved and they are secure because of it.  Despite my mistakes as an individual and a parent I feel I have made a victorious come back and living a pretty good life.  I'm happily content.
I am planning to start school soon. Probably online the Spring semester for paralegal studies.  My friend Irene is supportive and feels I would be good at it.  Nine to five, no weekends or holidays and I could start out part time when Jesse starts school.  My plans for the future is not out of frustration nor discontent. Things change and I have to find a way to change along with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment