Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sweet Treats

Cake Class Two

Today was interesting.  Got up to get Wyatt off  to school on four hours sleep.  Because Jesse woke at 6:30 I didn't get to lay back down as planned.  After a miserable attempt at a nap I rose from my couch groggy and a little grouchy and started my day.  Had coffee, fed Jesse and headed to Poolville to pick up an electric mixer I was offered on Freecycle.  The giver was a lovely woman, we had a nice chat before I took my plunder and headed to Morrisville.  My little man feel asleep on the way home and that made investigating my new appliances a bit easier.  The little mixer I don't see it being able to a lot.  It doesn't have a lot of power although the stand is convenient and it will be great for small jobs.  Whipping cream, coloring frosting and small batches of batter.  I was going to give it to my sweetheart Pri, but she already owns a mixer. The cream of the gift is the processor.  It converts from a food processor to mega mixer to blender.  Even though it is 31 years old, it is solid, gently used and seldom operated. The best thing about items such as this, they were built in a time when things were meant to last. Hopefully I will get several years use out of it.  It is a blessing to me and came at the most opportune time as my hand mixer stripped making the crazy butter cream icing we use in cake class.

Lovely Food Processor Center

As a housewife part of my roll in managing the home is to find ways to stretch the budget and growing up on a shoe string helped me to learn to get as much for the dollar as possible.  I am glad to be the kind of person who can look at a used Sunbeam appliance and see something as grand as a Kitchen Aid. Who enjoys a used outfit and giveaway bags full of toddler clothes. Someone who is willing to spend a few hours turning an old Lazy Susan into a pedestal cake decorating platform instead of paying 20.00 for a Wilton brand.  And it is not just a way to save bank, I enjoy spending my time (dare I say talents) instead of my husband's paycheck.


Removed the outer ring shaving it off with straight blades

Removed paint and smoothed out the wood
Glue on a replaceable rubber shelf liner for stability

No comments:

Post a Comment