Saturday, September 10, 2011

I'll never forget September 11, 2001




At that time we were a home school family.  AJ was in forth grade and Wyatt was only three.  My sister called and told me a plane had hit the World Trade Center.  At first I thought she was joking, so I turned on the the television and that is where I remained all day watching gut wrenching history being made.  I saw victims falling from the building, I always assumed it was to escape the inferno within the building.  I witnessed the second attack, the hijacked airline causing more death and unbelievable destruction. And sat in complete disbelief when the first tower fell and then the second.  Hearing another plane was hijacked and crashed in a Pennsylvania field brought even more pain but also pride in the bravery of the passengers.  Went to church that evening with most of the other Christians around the country to pray.  We watched the news for weeks as the workers sifted through rubble to recover the dead and the few that thankfully survived. September 11th is not just a day our country was brutally attacked.  It was a day that brought us all together. There was no North or South, East or West we were one country united. 

 

It is hard to believe that it has been 10 years.  Our military are still fighting the war on terror, there seems to be no end to the death that started that fateful day.  I am remembering the fallen, the injured, the brave, the heroes both living and dead, our soldiers that have lost their lives for our country and the ones still fighting to keep us safe and the families that have lost loved ones and waiting for their family to come home.


"Today as I reflect on the past 10 years since 9/11, it is evident that God is sovereign and He is gracious. I pray for all the people of this nation, because not one person was left untouched. Forever we've been changed. Tragedy must make us better not bitter. It's our choice to make. May America bless God today as she remembers so many courageous people who've lost and gave their lives". ♥ ~ Pastor Kristy Camp



No comments:

Post a Comment