Sunday, February 24, 2013

Left Behind


Karen Jesse and Wyatt


Last Sunday morning my brother and sister traveled 1000 miles from my home state of Georgia to our front door.  Getting prepared for their arrival was exciting for me.  Working to get everything as close to perfect as possible shopping, cleaning and getting rooms ready with clean linens and fresh towels.  I thrive when I have something to look forward to.
They arrived about 6 am after driving strait through so we stayed home from church to be together.  Some of the highlights was going to Norwich to visit Doug's parents and to Nina's Italian Restaurant for lunch. A trip to our local library (My brother Bill, Wyatt, Jesse and me) and then a short ride in the snow to Hamilton for Dunkin Donuts where Wyatt thought it was hilarious that Bill received a senior citizens discount. Their last night we drove into Syracuse in an attempt to eat at Pastabilities, a restaurant Karen saw featured on Diners, Drive ins and Dives. And I do mean attempted as we drove around for an hour having various ridiculous turns of events and never found parking. We ended up eating at the food court at Destiny USA.  While we were at the mall my husband bought me the most wonderful iMac. I knew he planned to provide me with a nice new computer.  I never expected this.  I am overwhelmed by his generosity and the awesomeness of this machine.  I am glad we bought it that night.  It did help relieve the grief of my siblings returning South.  It is easier for me to visit and come back than it is to have them leave me here.  I had my good cry and now life is as normal as life can be.  I am very grateful for Bill's coming and gifting the trip to my sister,  I miss them both terribly. I have no idea when we will see each other again.


Bill and Karen at Nina's

No comments:

Post a Comment