Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Stress Filled Day




As a housewife I wear many hats.  My most important title is mom.  I am so greatly blessed by my sons and most of the time my heart is busting with love and pride. My kids ages are spread by years.  Almost 6 between AJ and Wyatt.  Wyatt was 11 (only weeks from 12) when I had Jesse.  I don't think I have a more challenging life than a mom of kids 2-3 years apart except for their needs being so different.  Jesse being so young he pretty much sticks with me and needs to be home and asleep early in the night...When Wyatt has plans he usually needs to be picked up late at night- conflict of interests.  No one really understands my situation.  I am home alone with the boys most of the time or with a sleeping spouse.  That leaves me to do all the parenting, driving and coordinating lives.  Someways I feel so over stretched, that I can never accomplish everything with quality.  Even at 14, Wyatt still needs me and I need him.  In my waking hours I try to keep  the house clean, cook meals, prepare snacks, spend time with Jesse, care for the pets and take a little bit of time for one on one with Wyatt.For me to have any time for myself to pursue something for my own enjoyment, something has to be neglected.  Usually house work.  Once a week I take Jesse to story hour and to visit Doug's aging parents. I wish I could find some balance...I wish I could find a way to make Jesse stop squealing and sending my nerves into the atmosphere....I wish I had more time with Doug...I wish I could get a grip on Bible study and spending time in the presence of God....I guess I just wish I could do everything better....

No comments:

Post a Comment