Friday, April 20, 2012

Finding Balance




My life is a jumbled mess.  Too many items, not enough storage.  Four people dirtying it up and only one to clean it.  I have once again let my guard down and the house is once again out of control.  Days like today are overwhelming.  That is when pick six helps me.  I look around and choose the six worst messes and jot them down.  I cross them off as I get them done, with hopes I won't get distracted.  After those 6 I take a break and enjoy Jesse and then repeat with the next 6.
I have gotten Wyatt up and drove him to school, have had my breakfast and done my elliptical workout.  I need to go to the library today.  I am trying 1-2-3 Magic method with Jesse and to some extent Wyatt.  I am a lazy parent.  I is easier for me to just give in than to discipline, but that is all beginning to change.He gets instant timeout for spitting, hitting and screaming and 1-2-3 to rectify his behavior...at 3 it is timeout. So far just saying "Jesse that is one" is enough.
As far as Wyatt is concerned...he is a wonderful and well behaved young man.  His downfall is he does not like to do house work and will work harder at getting out of it than the actual chores.  I am going to post his to do list so he will no longer have the excuse of "I don't know what to do".  If this next week is not improved I am taking away TV, then Computer, next Ipod and lastly his phone.  But I am being optimistic that with a little guidance I won't have to punish.
I worry about and pray for AJ all the time.  He has about a month left until he comes home.  But he had his first real heartbreak and he is taking it on his sleeve. He is not sure if he wants to come home or to find away to go to China for a year.  It is horribly painful to know he is so hurt.  He and I both trust God for his future.

No comments:

Post a Comment