Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I Should Have Been Reading



I have changes so much in the last 5 or so years.  I wish I could say for the better.  I have never been a huge Bible reader but for some reason, these days, I rarely pick it up.  I guess I have been to busy trying to take care of everything myself instead of praying for or reading about God's point of view.
One would  think running up a credit card, leaving my husband to pay the bill and watching a chunk of his salary going to pay for things that I can't even remember what was purchased would be enough for me to stop using credit, but it wasn't.  My goal is to stop using credit of any kind, credit card, Bill Me Later and especially bartering where I have to stretch out my services to repay a debt.  First step I am going to pray and ask the Lord's leading, forgive anyone indebted to me or my family.  Once that stone is released from my neck I hope to start a study on debt. What the Bible says about debt? And hopefully I will find instructions on how to get out of it.


Proverbs 22:7
The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower becomes the lender s slave.

21st Century  Translation:  When you borrow you become the lenders bitch....(Someone who gets treated with little respect and has to follow every order)

No comments:

Post a Comment