Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Writer's Block




It has been days since I have written.  I'll begin a new post and realize that writing about a mundane day is well mundane.  My life is pretty much the same every day.  Up at 6 am to see Wyatt off to school. After that it is either cleaning or going back to sleep with Jesse.  Up again by 9 am. Let the dog out, diaper change and an argument about what Jesse wants for breakfast. Dog in. Usually coffee at the computer. Facebook first then email, straiten the house, fold a load of mounting laundry, most days take Jesse out to play, lunch at 12:30 and nap at 1:30.  Some but not all days I nap too.  Jesse is at my side practically every moment of the day and night.  With Doug working nights I allow him to sleep with me on weeknights and sometimes he snuggles between us on weekends.  For two and a half years I have been sleeping in a space about as wide as me.  Most of the time I am on the edge and he is right up against me.Once or twice a month Wyatt sleeps with Jesse and I.  Then there is Scarlet, the dog we adopted. She has slept with me since her second night in our home. There are times that our bed is very full. One would think between Doug's hours and the crowded space intimacy would be and issue. For us it is not.  We have been married twenty six years and we are still in love.  Jesse does have a room and starts there on weekends and naps there too. On good days I join my husband in our room after I get him to sleep. On days I don't nap or spend quality time with Doug, I clean the house. I get the things done that Jesse doesn't allow when he is awake.  
Around three Wyatt comes home from school, AJ is home from work and Jesse is awake by four. We usually play outside together.  I have to start dinner no later than five.  Get Doug up around five thirty, supper, clean up, computer time, bath time, bed time and it all starts over again the next morning....
So I guess that is why I have not posted in days, because as much as I love my life, it cannot be interesting to read about. It is wet and cool today, but I think I will take Jesse out just the same to play before lunch. He will be hungrier and sleep better if I allow him to exert himself and the fresh air would do us both some good.

No comments:

Post a Comment