Thursday, May 5, 2011

Terrapen Syndrome


My brother in-law calls me tenacious, my husband calls me a snapping turtle and my sister lovingly claims I have Terrapin Syndrome. It all equals the same thing, I have an addictive personality. Right or wrong when I set my mind to get something done I attack with full force.  Five years ago it was breast cancer, 3 years ago it was weight loss, a few weeks ago it was to turn my life around and this week it is housework.  I have gained control over our home for the most part and everyday I do something new.  Clean out a cabinet, drawer, work on the basement, laundry and at the same time keeping up with my daily cleaning. Although I am proud of all I have accomplished, I still feel lost.  Many days I feel as helpless and vulnerable as a turtle without a shell.
I don't understand why I cannot find the inner strength to seek the Lord with the same passion as these and other tasks not mentioned. The Bible feels like interesting stories and my prayers empty. What is missing? What is the recipe to waken from this lukewarm state?

No comments:

Post a Comment