Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Brother Can You Spare a Dime?

I know the Lord has control over all of our lives and I need to pray for things to change.  So many need a financial breakthrough.


The current economy doesn't seem to be effecting my little 5 member family too much. Yes, groceries are higher, property taxes go up yearly and gas is over 4.00 a gallon. Doug's pay went up after the first of the year due to a new truck route and that seems to fill the gaps the economy and the need for two replacement vehicles made.  My husband is very good with money and handles our finances. I am grateful he handles our bills. Living week to week but living. We have been blessed.

I know people being hit pretty hard.  I have a friend, her husband's car is broken down and her explorer is needing work.  She is trying to go to school to better herself and her family at what seems to be impossible odds. Life brings increases in monetary need without an increase in income.  Another has been out of work for a few years now.  An expert in the masonry business at one time more work than he could keep up with.  With the increase of illegals in Georgia going to work in the housing business quickly learned the trades, started their own crews (I'm sure with the help of the government) and  started underbidding the seasoned professionals that could not meet their low bids.  Then with the fall of housing, he ultimately lost all his work. After months and months of  no steady income, he found employment elsewhere and was injured in a equipment accident the first week.  He has lost everything.  His wife, home and as he put it his hope.Yet another has been struggling and barley making it for years.  Her husband lost his job and could not find another. She takes odd jobs and with his unemployment they can keep the car payment to date, utilities on and food in the house.  Fortunately their home is paid off. But they have no insurance and because they have not children at home cannot get any kind of government aide.
Their stories are like many all over the United States.  I don't believe I have ever seen a time a grim as this one. I know the Lord has control over all of our lives and I need to pray for things to change for them.  They need a financial breakthrough.

No comments:

Post a Comment