Wednesday, May 18, 2011

MOPs

http://www.mops.org/


My friend Kara invited me to go the her MOPs (Mothers of Preschoolers) group  It was the end of the year banquet and I decided that is something Jesse and I will join.  When we first got there Jesse didn't want to stay in the one and 2 year old nursery so I moved him to the three and 4 year old. He is two and a half, no longer uses a bottle or passy and the little ones were screaming for their mommies. The older nursery was more interactive and I was able to slip right out.  I went back to peek in on him and he was having fun. I had a relaxing time with women I have things in common with and there was a large diversity in age.  I am probably the oldest mom there but I would say within five years of some...maybe up to twenty years the senior of others. God blessed me with this wonderful child so even though I am middle aged I try to enjoy every bit of his life.  He drives me nuts at times...even makes my eye twitch, but I wouldn't trade him for any amount of peace or freedom.  I plan on going on play dates this summer and going to regular meetings in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment