Friday, June 7, 2013

Aging...When Did That Happen?




I'm not doing it gracefully. I'm struggling.  For some reason my age is depressing me. I don't know why…I guess because I realize that the best years of my life are over and now I am heading for the last chapter…which holds little excitement…I see myself change, I feel myself slowing down...It just kinda slipped up on me...all of a sudden I am 47.  On a slippery slope to 50.  I need to re learn how to enjoy life...I need something to look forward to. 

At least I have my mate who wants to grow old with me...a home to run, a small child to raise a nearly grown son who still needs me and an adult child who, at times, still enjoys my company.  Growing old is inevitable, the only way to stop it is to die and I have to say I am even less ready for that than I am old age.

1 comment: