Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sleep



As an adult I have grown to appreciate the value of  sleep.  Whether it is long nights or short naps there is nothing I love more than to sleep with my spouse.  For the past 12 long years he has worked over nights so that limits my slumber with him to naps and weekends.  For the last 3 years we have had a couple of additional separators, Jesse and Scarlet, both three and both overly attached to me.
My boys always slept with me when they were little.  The drill was I would snuggle and go to sleep with one or more kids and when Doug came to bed he would move them to their rooms. For some reason, I don't know if it is Doug's age or whether he doesn't care, but Jesse has slept more nights in my room than his own.  The bed gets rather crowded with 2 adults, a young child and a dog. A few weeks ago I have had enough.  Scarlet has been evicted and now sleeps in our recliner or the foot of Jesse's bed and I am happy to say I have successfully put Jesse to sleeping in his own bed for the past three nights.  I cannot wait till the weekend where I can sleep with my husband in a space wider than 2 ft.  Barring his earth shattering snoring, Saturday should be a nice night.

No comments:

Post a Comment