Wednesday, October 8, 2014

The More Things Change

The More They Seem the Same....




I guess I cannot call myself a housewife any longer.  I work 25-30 hours outside the home these days.   I started as a crew member at a local McDonalds the beginning of August. I am currently working a notice to quit my cleaning job and that cannot end soon enough. I am concerned about losing the income, but I will be gaining so much more, more time with my boys and the energy to take care of things at home.

My five year old son, Jesse has joined the Cub Scouts. Of course I take him to the first meeting to find out they have 5 children signed up and no leader....This means I have joined the Cub Scouts too.  I'm somewhat looking forward to my Lion's den.  I only home to do well by the kids in my charge. Since they are so young we only meet bi-monthly.

My middle son, Wyatt passed his driving test today.  He is not yet a legal driver because the DMV computers was down and could not accept information from the examiner.

My craving for the South is somewhat less.  Don't get me wrong, the thought of moving anywhere Sought of the Mason-Dixon would be and incredible blessing, but at this point, my sister is doing fine.  She has a new job as a teacher's assistant with Special Education, she has grand kids that she spends time with and a daughter in her first year in college.  My brother has met a wonderful woman with an 8 year old daughter and is getting married October 25th.  They just don't need my emotional support any longer....
Right now, more than a big move, I just want my family. I want to either pay off our mortgage or sell this house.  Move to a small rental so my husband can get a normal job.  He is stressed beyond belief and burned out.  His exhaustion level is high and he had missed most of our son's growing up.

This is my life for now....not happy nor unhappy but content....

No comments:

Post a Comment