Tuesday, August 12, 2014

This One Got Me


I am not a person who is overwhelmed by the death (or the life) of celebrities.  I'll hear about it on the news or read it on Facebook (immediately go to another source to see if it is true) and be saddened by it, but I didn't know them, why would I feel grieve?



This was true until yesterday....
My eldest son text me at work to tell me of the death of Robin Williams. Of course, I didn't know him. But although he is only 15 years older than myself I grew up with him.  I remember his debut on Happy days as Mork the Ork.  Now one had seen anything like him, it was hilarious and no wonder he landed (pun intended) into the in the spin off Mork and Mindy.  I watched his comedy for years, enjoyed comic relief, and then came the movies....of every shape and size (excluding horror of course unless you count One Hour Photo or Popeye) and he was amazing in them all.  I think my favorites are Hook, Dead Poets, Good Morning Vietnam, Patch Adams and The World According to Garp. After work my older sons watched Patch Adams with me.  AJ saw it when he was a little boy and Wyatt had had never seen it... I think he was impressed.

I don't want to focus on his death...click here is a bio of his life.


Saying goodbye to this particular celebrity is a rough one. He was a great entertainer and a humanitarian...I'm sure he is being mourned by many and will be greatly missed.  I know he will be missed in my world...Thanks for the laughs Robin...







No comments:

Post a Comment