Friday, August 8, 2014

It's Not What You Do That Matters

It's how well you are willing to do it....

Prep cook, cleaner, dishwasher oh my! Rocking my uniform....Not my best look.


I started a part time job this week. At first I was rather embarrassed by the fact that I am 48 years old and I am working at McDonalds....not so much anymore.
It has been an especially long week since my middle son, Wyatt is gone to summer camp.  I had to hire a sitter for the first time in Jesse's existence, getting him ready to go and dropping him off added to my morning stress.
Here I am, the new girl.  The new middle aged woman among mostly younger staff.  I was pleasantly surprised that there are several people my age or older working along side of me.  I clean A LOT, do the after breakfast rush dishes (many, many, many dishes) the dining room and make parfaits and salads...I have learned to run the frier and that is quite and experience during lunch rush. I know it is just a part time job in a fast food restaurant, but with all things I attempt I want to do well.  I m willing able to learn everything and willing to do anything that is asked....It is important to me to give a good days work for a days wage...

Of course I still have all my house hold duties. And three nights a week I am still a cleaner.  Life is extremely stressful at the moment...but I will get used to it all and make a way to a new normal...

When school starts back I should be working just shy of 40 hours between the 2 jobs...I'm tired...a little cranky and about to leave for my second job....no rest for the weary....but in my business I feel blessed...

No comments:

Post a Comment