Friday, May 24, 2013

Get a Life Already!


Not my Bakery


I very close friend asked me to play a game with her called Bakery Story.  I hesitated to do so mainly because I am a recovering Mafia War addict and I know from experience how something that appears to be so simple has the ability to consume large quantities of my time.  I reluctantly chose to get the app and make her my neighbor.  Here I sit on level 41 with 50 some neighbors a number of stoves cooing continuously to feed all the imaginary people who wonder through my doors (yes, I added a second door and cash register to accommodate the flow of traffic). One of the last things I do at night is start my food for the next day.  Carefully calculating cooking time so it is ready without any spoilage when I rise. On the flip side I find one of the first things I do in the morning is going into my bakery and serving up the food before it gathers flies...
This evening I received a message on my bakery wall (from someone I must have neighbor requested) telling me she is only friends with a person who can meet her demands. What she called a quality neighbor...
1. To tip and gift daily
2. To fill requests for building materials
3. You must write on her wall daily.
I thought that was rather strange and replied that I do 2 out of three...I regularly practice rule 1 and 2 but with over 50 neighbors I don't have the time to post notes to every wall.  That is what the news board is for to see who gifted and tipped you...
I got a few replies from her basically telling me that she too has over 50 neighbors and she makes it a point to not only note her neighbors but anyone who visits her bakery.  I have come to the conclusion that she is A) a 11 year old whose whole life is wrapped up in a Storm8 game. B) She don't have the responsibilities that I do as a homemaker, wife and mother. Or, C) She is just crazy.
Whatever the reasons her heart or her shoes I don't think I am going to lose sleep over being a subpar Bakery Story player...
After writing this last night I have chosen to give up both games....hoping to devote that time to something that matters...

No comments:

Post a Comment