Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Saying Goodbye



Shirley surrounded by her family. Gordy, John, Lisa and Patty


My friend Shirley lost her battle to cancer and stepped from this world into Eternity on July 19, 2014.

Shirley was an amazingly sweet woman.  Carried a smile for everyone she met and was always willing to show her love through service.  I am not sure where all her hands went but I do know if there was something needed to be done she was among the volunteers. Over the 10 years I spent at Resurrection Life Fellowship there were many times where I labored beside her after a dinner, serving in clean up duty.  I didn't matter who else helped, Shirley was always there giving her best.  She was a woman of few words so when she did speak I paid attention to her quiet wisdom.

I am blessed to be close friends with her daughters Patty and Lisa and aquatinted with her husband Gordy and son John.  I have yet to really grieve, a few tears shed with the family at her life celebration....Really not the same....I was crying for the pain friends and family displayed instead of my own.

Shirley my friend, I am going to miss your face on this planet...I look forward to dancing and singing with you when my time comes...put in a good word for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment