Monday, April 28, 2014

I Have Never Had a Sense of Belonging...


Heflin Alabama


....here in the State of NY.  I have tried....a few years back after a trip home I had made up my mind that I had to make NewYork my home and the church I was in my family.  I went to and joined into a baptism ceremony that somehow, for me, was significant for my new commitment.
I think I know the reason it never took, why I never really fit...and that is because I just don't belong here.  You can try, you can force a square peg into a round hole, but it will never be a comfortable fit and can cause permeant damage to the square and the hole. Maybe that is why I don't have the deep relationships I so long to have...I am sure I was supposed to be here for a season, but I don't think I was meant to stay my life time.

My husband shared with me that he is ready to leave NYS too. So we are on a 2 year plan starting with cleaning and emptying the house...Selling what I can and giving away and throwing away what I can't...simplifying what we are keeping.  That is what I will do this spring and summer and hopefully next summer the house will be ready to go on the market. In the fall I pray to find a full time job so we can continue to get out of debt and start to save money....
We are looking at Northwest Alabama.  I have already been looking at real estate in that area. So with God's grace we will be relocating to my southern roots the summer of 2016.

#just2moreyears

I'm asking for prayers for this new journey for me and my family.  My middle son is unsure although we are waiting for him to graduate high school before the move.  I need God's guidance for every step.

No comments:

Post a Comment