Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Don't Be Fooled...



Life is hard and people are complicated.  The older I get the less surprised I am when I see someone's life drastically changed.  I have to wonder why people are truly unhappy in their lives and relationships? I think a large part of it is lack of communication.  Taking what we don't hear and adding what we think to the scenario.  I personally went through this after Jesse was born.  I slipped into the grips of postpartum depression and Doug was rather shell shocked at being a father again.  We stopped talking for the most part just surviving the first year of Jesse's life.  I started assuming he didn't love me anymore and was on the verge of leaving us.  That pushed me further into despair and silence, assuming the worst of my husband.  Satan loves an open playground of a confused mind and I easily could have lost everything,  There was a point where I felt like I lost myself.  I can gratefully say that is in the past.  Once I opened my heart to my husband things began to change for the better.  I know I put him through a lot, but being the man he is he just loved me through it.
You never know what people are going through.  On appearance a couple can appear to be in the strongest of marriages.  Their  home life can appear to be one to envy.  I have learned the average Joe or Jane can live a perfectly normal life on the outside and be in complete turmoil on the inside.  What can we do to help? Stop assuming everyone is a okay.   Ask the Lord for guidance and to place on our hearts people who need his help.  You don't need to know their business or intrude in anyway, Our Father knows their need, so when you feel the burden of your fellow human being, don't dismiss it...just take the time to pray for them, pray until the burden is lifted.  Next time you see them, give them a hug or a hand shake and tell them you are on my heart and I have been praying for you. Reach out to our fellow man even if they are in a place they cannot reach back.  I know what it feels like to feel alone in a personal crisis.  I know how much it means when someone extends themselves.  I don't know where I would be now without the prayers of others. I have an amazing group of supporters and I will strive to make a difference in the lives of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment