Monday, December 12, 2011

Another Christmas in New York

Christmas 2011

Me and Mart.  We have always been friends, but we are growing a lot closer these last few months.
Time is flying by.  It doesn't seem like it has been 12 months since last Christmas.  I feel like I closed my eyes for just a moment and 6 months raced by.  This is my tenth Christmas in NY and chances are we will have a green Christmas this year.  We have received little snow in November and now December. Not that  I am complaining. Winter is hard work for me.
Pri is my sweetheart...it will break my heart if she and her family leaves this area.  Being in ministry one never knows how long they will stay. 
I have finally settled into my life here.  I have a husband that I love and for whatever reason adores me. Our boys. I have a church family where  I am close to several of the members and friends beyond the walls of my church.
Christmas 2011

As we are heading into this Holy season we have chosen to do less  and focus more on the Reason for the Season.  That was decided last year when we looked at the paper carnage from the feast of  gifts and realized Jesus had no place in our festivities.  We have a tree and there will be gifts, just a limit on them.  We omitted my Star Wars decor and chose to make our own decorations.  It was weird setting up and decorating the tree without AJ.  Wyatt took over this year as my helper...We had a fun time....but I do miss my eldest....
Times may be lean for us with the cost of living sky rocketing and doing what we can to support AJ in school, but times are also good.  We have everything we need.  I love my life and the people who surround me near and far. I am a blessed woman.

My precious boys building a Gingerbread house. Wyatt nearing 14 and Jesse just weeks away from 3.
I hope you are having a joyously blessed Christmas Season

No comments:

Post a Comment